• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
ddderek
Junior Boarder

Opinions Best played show, East Coast 2012 Summer

#184830 2 years ago
I was only able to catch the closer in Michigan, but for those of you that made the tour, which shows were the best played of the East Coast 2012 Summer Tour? Opinions and comments all welcome... as I want to pick up some CD's and the performance vs the song list can vary greatly. Just like 7-14, I absolutely love the set list as Anthem is my favorite CD to hear right now, but many seem to have posted that it was sub-par in reality... an awesome set list does not make an awesome show.

Peace!
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

Re: Opinions Best played show, East Coast 2012 Summer

#185026 2 years ago
I did Mann Center>Merriweather and Philly was good but Merriweather really did for me.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#185027 2 years ago
I did everything through Bethel except for the NC and GA shows I thought all the shows were really good, in different ways. In depends a lot on the type of show you like (and to many people, song selection). I would divide the shows into two general styles, more laid back, totally jammed out shows (ie shows which have songs like Dark Star or The Other One at the core of them) and tighter, higher energy shows where the jamming was mostly within songs. I would put Pawtucket, Philadephia, and both Coney Island shows in the jammed out category and Canadaigua, Merriwether and Bethel in the other category. I thought Merriwether was the best of the less jammed out shows, but Bethel and Canandaigua were very close seconds. Of the jammed out shows, I would probably go with the first Coney Island, but I have changed my mind a couple of times. A lot of people seem to like the less jammed out shows. While I can understand this - these shows, again, had the most raw energy - I prefer jammed out shows and would ultimately have to go with one of them as being the best.

There is also the issue of sound quality at shows, which I believe influences peoples opinions. Some of the shows i saw, like Philadelphia, had mediocre sound. Pawtucket, on the other hand, had crystal clear sound.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by rippleish20.
Typ0
Junior Boarder

#185072 2 years ago
rippleish20 wrote:
I did everything through Bethel except for the NC and GA shows I thought all the shows were really good, in different ways. In depends a lot on the type of show you like (and to many people, song selection). I would divide the shows into two general styles, more laid back, totally jammed out shows (ie shows which have songs like Dark Star or The Other One at the core of them) and tighter, higher energy shows where the jamming was mostly within songs. I would put Pawtucket, Philadephia, and both Coney Island shows in the jammed out category and Canadaigua, Merriwether and Bethel in the other category. I thought Merriwether was the best of the less jammed out shows, but Bethel and Canandaigua were very close seconds. Of the jammed out shows, I would probably go with the first Coney Island, but I have changed my mind a couple of times. A lot of people seem to like the less jammed out shows. While I can understand this - these shows, again, had the most raw energy - I prefer jammed out shows and would ultimately have to go with one of them as being the best.

There is also the issue of sound quality at shows, which I believe influences peoples opinions. Some of the shows i saw, like Philadelphia, had mediocre sound. Pawtucket, on the other hand, had crystal clear sound.

Enjoyed your analysis. I thought the sound quality at CMAC was poor and I should have had great seats for sound. It was a great show the crowd was fantastic at that show but the vocals were way off and we couldn't hear anything but mumbles. That certainly influences the whole experience. Bethel, on the other hand, the sound quality was pristine. Of course musically the show was also outstanding so that puts it far above CMAC IMO just because of the sound issue.
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#185101 2 years ago
There is a pretty big thread about top 3 shows of the tour. You may have to scroll through some pages, cant remember if its in general discussion or show review. For me it was:

Bethel, ny
Mann, philly
McCoy, pawtucket
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
mullysalt
Junior Boarder

#185168 2 years ago
I've had a few Heads tell me I saw the "belle of the ball" and I only went to one show. After traveling all over this country to see them they finally came to me in Michigan. What a fantastic show and after listening to it a few times now it has become my favorite Furthur show that I've attended since 3/3/10 Chicago.
Time to create page: 8.09 seconds